N/APosted on - 03/08/2012
Lately I have installed Gears of war pc game in my pc and it was running slow. So I decided to uninstall the game. But it is showing an error I cannot understand. I have manually tried deleting the files but that did not work either. Please help me get rid of this problem. For your information I have been using windows 7.
Error Number: 0x80040702
Description: Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper
Setup will now terminate.
Cannot uninstall Gears of War Pc game
Two months back I also played this game. I finished the game and wanted to install some other game. For this purpose there was no more hard disk space in my Pc.
I thought about to delete the Gears of war game as I already had finished it. When go to control panel to delete the game, I faced the same problem that you are facing now.
But don't worry I have a solution for your problem.
Just follow these steps and you will be able to delete the game:
1. Go to Start, > Run and type msconfig and press enter.
2. A new window will open, Click on the General Tab (Normally it is the first tab, already selected).
3. Here you can see "Selective setup" under it you can see "Load startup Items".
4. Click on it to uncheck the box.
5. Now go to the services tab on the top and click on it.
6. Here at the bottom you can see "Hide all Microsoft Services" Check the box.
7. Now restart your Pc your problem be fix.
Note: When you done deleting your profile. Reverse the above procedure to work all your programs fine.