N/APosted on - 04/25/2015
I just bought this new scanner. I am trying to install it with my desktop unfortunately the device cannot be recognized by the computer. Other devices can be easily connected to the computer except for this. Can you tell us what could be causing this problem? Is there any reason why this is happening? Can you provide us resolution and alternative ways on how to eliminate this issue? Can you give us software that we can use to resolve this problem?
Cannot make work Epson WorkForce DS510 Scanner with desktop
Please make sure that your scanner software and driver are properly installed and configured. If not reinstalling these is not a bad idea. However we will resolve your issue using general resolution. Follow the instructions below.
1. Disconnect the USB cord of the scanner. Wait for 20 seconds and plug it back in again.
2. Go to Start menu and click run. Type Devmgmt.msc. Go to device Manager.
3. Select Scan for hardware changes from the Action menu.
4. Until the scan is complete.
We can use also the system restore to fix this problem.
1. Go to Start menu >> All programs >> Accessories >> System Tools.
2. Select System Restore and click the Continue button.
3. Select Choose a different restore point and then click Next button.
4. Select the date and time prior to the changes you made.
5. Follow the on screen guide and restart your computer.
Updating the USB Driver software will be also good if you have 2.0 version. Uninstall your scanner Drivers and software. Install it again after restart cycle of your computer.