N/APosted on - 12/24/2013
I tried installing Windows 8.1 on my PC, but to my dismay, it stopped in between and asked me to pause to uninstall AVG. I can't understand why this message appeared. I tried reinstalling AVG but still the same message appears. Now the installation of Windows 8.1 is stuck on my PC. Can an expert please help. Thanks
Cannot install Win 8.1 on my PC due to AVG
The steps to install the Windows 8.1 on the system are as mentioned below:
1) Click 'Start', select 'Run'
2) Run the command prompt as Administrator
3) In the command prompt, enter the following commands as mentioned below
4) The commands are 'net stop wuauserv', 'net stop bits'
5) By running the commands the background services will stop the running
6) Restart the system and complete the installation process