Hi, I recently wanted to update my ipod’s music, but when I plug it into the pc, and launch itunes, the device does not show up in the devices section of itunes. Why is this so?
That surely seems to be a big problem. Not being able to connect to iTunes kind of immobilizing your iPod. Anyway, there are a lot of ways we can troubleshoot this problem. Since we cannot be sure of what is causing this, we will just try anything possible.
Try updating your iTunes, and also the drivers of your iPod. Maybe, it is caused by some driver issue. Better yet, uninstall your iTunes, and then download and install the latest iTunes.
This must be caused by a registry issue. Download registry cleaners to get rid of the problem. I suggest you use “PC Registry Cleaner 2011”. Just check out any of these in this link.
Restart the iPod Service.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Open Computer Management.
3. Expand “Computer Management(Local)”
4. Expand “Services and Applications”
5. Click Services under the “Services and Applications Tree”
6. On the right-side of the window, click iPod Service twice.
7. A window opens. Click stop, but do not close yet the window.
8. Connect your iPod to your computer.
9. Once it is detected, click start.
10. Open iTunes once again.