Can You Charge Your iPhone To Much?

Asked By 20 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

I just read about phones that can catch on fire. I leave iPhone plugged in all the time. During the day it is plugged into my laptop. And at night I keep it in a docking station. If I am out then I use a charger in my car. Is it bad to keep it charging all the time? Has the caused anyone else a problem?

SHARE
Answered By 0 points N/A #192565

Can You Charge Your iPhone To Much?

qa-featured

Keeping your phone rooted to charging all the time. Reduces your battery life. Sometimes, you will experience your battery overheating and will soon need replacement . It is recommended that you charge your phone only when the battery is running low. I have not heard of any phone catching fire but for safety concerns only charge your phone when battery loww.

Answered By 566275 points N/A #192567

Can You Charge Your iPhone To Much?

qa-featured

What you are doing to your phone is really not healthy for the device. I guess it would be better if you do all those things to your laptop rather than on your phone because it is more applicable there than on that small handheld device. With a laptop, you can connect it to a power source all the time whether it is on standby or in use and there will be no problem.

It will not damage the battery or anything or overcharge the battery and cause it to overheat. But if you do this on your handset, you only make the battery’s life shorten much faster. The difference between a laptop and a mobile phone when it comes to the battery is that, though laptops are designed to be mobile, the more you use it on battery, the faster you shorten its life.

But with a mobile phone, you need to use it on battery because always connecting it to a power source overcharges the battery and thus shorten its life. In a laptop, there is a mechanism that when the battery is full it will automatically stop charging and then will shift to AC power from battery power.

But in a mobile phone, there is no mechanism that will stop the battery from charging when it is full and will shift to AC power. There have been many reports about fire where the cause is an overcharged Smartphone.

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions