N/APosted on - 10/19/2014
I have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I installed Norton Antivirus for Security Purposes. I got to know there is Windows Defender in the System. When I tried to remove it from Program and Features from Control Panel the Program was not listed there. I want to know if there is any way of removing the Windows Defender from my PC?
Can Windows Defender be removed from Windows 8.1
I have read the problem you are facing and I am happy to advise you.
Unfortunately, Windows Defender cannot be completely removed from Windows 8.1.
However, it can be deactivated by following these simple steps:
1. On your Desktop, select Search and type 'Defender ' as shown below
2. Click on 'Windows Defender' as it pops up below the Search box as shown above.
3. After Windows Defender opens, click on the 'Settings' tab and then click on 'Administrator' in the list of options.
On the right there will be a check box beside 'Turn on this app', please click on the box to remove the tick as shown below
3. After removing the tick, click 'Save changes' at the bottom-right of the program as shown above.
4. A message will pop-up with a warning, just click 'Close' as shown below.
5. Congratulations, you have successfully disabled Windows Defender.