N/APosted on - 12/23/2012
Can we view wifi program files xp? Is there a wireless connection management built in tool for Windows Xp Os? How can I get in to the program files of the wireless device? I want to set another ip configuration but I can’t seem to easily locate the unlike Windows 7 Os.
Hoping for your help and kind consideration.
Can we view wifi program files xp?
Hello Allison Davy,
You want to access the files of another device in your network through wifi, you can do this by creating a shared folder and mapping it. Here is the procedure of how to do that:
– Press Windows + E buttons on the devices whose program files you want to access.
– Open the System Drive (C:\)
– Right Click on Sharing and Security, Under the Network Sharing and security section you will see a hyperlink, click that.
– A new window will appear, Enable file sharing from that and click OK.
– Now you will return to the previous section, check the box “share this folder with the network’ and click OK.
– Now from the computer you want to access the files from, press Windows + E Buttons.
– From the tools tab click Map Network Drive, a new window will appear, click on Browse from it.
– Now in the list, find Workgroup and click on the + sign next to it.
– In the expanded field, you will see all the devices connected to your network. Select the one you want to access and click on the + sign.
– The expanded field will show you the Program Files of the other device. Select that Folder, click OK and then click on Finish.
– You will see the Program Files of the other device in you explorer.