N/APosted on - 03/06/2013
Can SD Fix remove a Win32 Trojan and some malware that Norton 360 and Avast can't remove? Is there a freeware that I can download to try it first? I'm on Windows XP 64 bit sp3. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Can Sd fix remove a trojan that others can’t remove?
You can get rid of Win32 Trojan by one of the following methods:
1. Use one of the Symantec removal tools in the following link
You can choose the appropriate removal tool for you from this list
2. You can remove it manually by following the next steps:
( You need to remove some dll files from your system, named: windivx.dll – stream32a.dll – vipextqtr.dll – ecxwp.dll)
1) Stop Trojan.Win32 process.
– Open Task Manager .
– In Task Manager , click the Processes tab to see a full list of the running processes.
– Right click the process that you want to stop.
– Then select "End task".
2) Now, open Start menu, type CMD in "run" and click Enter.
3) Type "regsvr32/u[DLL_Name]" into the prompt ,Where DLL_Name is one of the above mentioned dll files
4) Press "Enter" to unregister the Win32 Trojan files.