N/APosted on - 09/10/2012
I am just a new user of McAfee antivirus and I just want to know if it can remove adware? Because before anything else we have to know all the features of the applications installed in our computer for safety purposes right?
I need your ideas guys.
Can MCafee remove adware if yes then how?
McAfee AntiVirus can protect your computer from virus, adware, and spyware and it also has firewall to keep your computer safe. If you have the McAfee Internet Security then it will have additional feature to protect your computer while you're online like spam filters, parental control for web restrictions, and automated file backup.
To scan your computer, you just need to right-click the shield icon on the lower right part of your screen and click on Scan computer for then select threats.
Another way of scanning your computer is to use the McAfee VirusScan Command Line Scanner. This is used when scanning using the software is not possible. You just need to
1. Download Command Line Scanner from
2. Create a folder on the partition where Windows is installed
3. Extract the content of the CLS zip file to the folder you created
4. Download the latest DAT file from
5. Extract the contents of the DAT zip file to the folder you created
6. Click Start, select Run, then type CMD and press Enter
7. Go to the directory of the folder you created and type this command
scan.exe /adl /all /analyze /clean /program /unzip /winmem /rptall /report=c:scan.log
press Enter and that should start a complete scan on your computer.