N/APosted on - 02/20/2015
I have heard that the physical memory of a PC can be increased by using a USB drive. There are many discussions on the Internet regarding this topic but the ideas listed there won't work. Is there really a way to increase the memory of a PC using a USB drive?
Can I increase the memory of my PC using a USB stick?
Your USB drive can be used to increase your computer memory. It can be used as a virtual RAM memory.
Follow these simple steps
1. First, rename your thumb drive in a way that you can identify which drive is being used as RAM.
2. Completely delete all the files that are present in your USB including hidden files.
3. Select Properties by right clicking on MyComputer.
4. Select Advanced tab and click on Settings.
5. Go to Advanced and click on Edit.
6. Select your thumb drive, and select the user defined size.
7. Subtract 5Mb from the calculated size of your USB drive.
8. There are two boxes. Type the number in both the boxes, obtained in the above step.
9. Select Set.
10. Confirm all the settings.
11. This will be added after restarting your computer.