N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
Shouldn’t require mscvr110.dll, How can I fix Borderlands.exe application error? I am using Windows 8 OS and installed this game but when I tried to start this game it gave me the following error “The application was unable to start correctly”. Help to fix this.
Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
Borderlands 2 shows error on Windows 8
The error is because the registry is not properly restored in the system.
To resolve this error follow the steps as stated below:
1) Start Regedt32.exe, locate the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlFileSystem'
2) On the Edit menu, Click DWORD
3) Type value 1 in the Data field
4) Click 'OK', exit Regedt32.exe
5) Quit Windows and restart the system