N/APosted on - 05/23/2012
We have been receiving grievances regarding a software package known as BlueFlare Antivirus for the past few days.
According to everything we perceived, with reference to this application, it is a fraud anti-virus software.
It exhibits deceptive safety warnings, as well as untrue scan outcomes, in a determination to persuade operators to fork out money for the full version of the application.
It might construct network browsers to use a proxy server while it hinders system utilities, corresponding with the system records collected from our users.
Why is this error occurring and how do we help our customers solve it?
Thank you for your time and effort.
BlueFlare Antivirus – A Fraud?
BlueFlare Antivirus is not a legitimate computer security software in any way. It is a rogue anti-virus program scripted to show false scan results then urges you to buy the product.
Just like you said, it does not allow utilities to start as it prevents possible applications that can remove it. When installed, it infects the csrss.exe of your computer to run on start-up. Then it will automatically launch the main rogue executable,%AppData%BlueFlare AntivirusBlueFlare Antivirus.exe.
To remove this, follow the instructions below:
1. Restart you computer.
2. Once the computer starts, press F8 repeatedly to display the Windows Advanced Options menu.
3.Select Safe Mode with Networking and press enter.
4. Download Malwarebytes here:
5. Install it, then press finish. Open Malwarebytes after installation.
6. Once the program is loaded, select perform quick scan.
7. When the scan is done, click Ok then Show results. Check everything in the list. and click Remove Selected.
It's done! Malwarebytes may prompt you to restart your computer.
Hope this will help you!