N/APosted on - 07/31/2014
I never used my HP Probook laptop for several months. Just 3 days ago I decided to use it again, everything is ok aside from the battery that seems to be stuck. The power cable is plugged for 2 hours but the battery is still at 10%. Should I replace my Laptop Battery?
Battery seems to be stuck
The solution might sound a little bit strange but you have to be careful not to mess everything up.
1. From the Start menu, type “services.msc” >> hit Enter.
2. Expand the “Batteries” category.
3. Right-click on “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery”, select “Uninstall”.
4. After you’ve uninstalled the driver, click “Scan for hardware changes”.
5. This will make Windows conscious about its core driver missing. It will install the driver again.
Now, your battery icon should act fine. The issue is for your driver; somehow, it got stuck and started to produce such problem.
Also, check your battery and charger for more surety.