N/APosted on - 11/29/2013
I just tried to apply Service Pack 1 to AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 and got this error message which I can’t resolve without having your suggestion. I just visited different forums to find proper answers but could not. Do you have any idea or suggestion to fix this error? Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Error 1731. The source installation package for the product AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 is out of sync with the client package. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘C3D.MSI’.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 error
The error is because the installation was created before the client computers were updated.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Install the service pack on the client machine
2) Uninstall the software from the machine by following the steps mentioned below
3) Click 'Start', go to 'Control Panel'
4) In the control panel, click 'Add/Remove programs'
5) Select the 'AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008', Click 'Remove'
6) After the process is completed, click 'OK'
7) Restart the system
8) Delete the folder 'C:Documents and Settings<user>ApplicationDataAutoDeskC3D 2008' folder
9) Install the software again and the error will be resolved