N/APosted on - 12/09/2013
I have Asus Vivobook which had a dual boot of Windows 8 and Ubuntu 13.10, yesterday after login to Windows 8, automatic updates took over and before I knew what was happening, my computer was upgraded to Windows 8.1, now the problem is I can only access Ubuntu 13.10, when I try Windows, I get this black screen then the computer restarts, How do I solve this problem without losing my data on Windows?
Asus Vivobook not booting after updating the OS
The error is because the system settings during the installation of Windows are incorrect.
The steps to resolve this error are as stated below:
1) Start the system using Windows OS
2) Click 'Repair your computer' option at the startup
3) Open the command prompt and execute the following commands
4) Type the command 'bootrec/fixmbr', 'bootrec/fixboot', 'bootrec/rebuildcd'
5) After the command are executed, reboot the system
6) The system will work with the Windows OS in the dual boot system