N/APosted on - 07/08/2014
I'm having a touch screen issue on my ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7. It works intermittently and when it doesn't, it does not allow me to unlock the tablet. Turning it off and turning it back on used to fix it but now it doesn’t. I reset the tablet and was brought to the initial setup page. I could not even do it now. Please help.
ASUS Memo Pad HD7 Touch screen issue
Hi Frank Trask,
I am sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your ASUS MeMO Pad. To resolve this issue, here are my recommendations:
Solution One: Perform a Hard Reset/Factory Restore
Please note that this procedure will erase all data stored on the device.
1. Power off the tablet by pressing and holding the power button.
2. Once the tablet is completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
Note: On some tablets, you may need to hold to hold the Volume UP button instead of the Volume Down button.
3. Once the Recovery menu appears, release the buttons.
4. Using the Volume Down button, scroll down to 'Wipe data/Factory Reset', press the power button to select.
5. You will now be directed to a screen to confirm this operation. Scroll down to 'Yes — delete all user data' and press the power button to begin.
6. Once the tablet reboots, test to see if your issues have been resolved.
If the problems you are experiencing is caused by a software malfunction, the procedure above to resolve it.
Solution Two: Take to Repair Shop
If the problems you are experiencing are caused by hardware problems, you will need to take the device to a certified technician to determine and fix the problems.
In some cases, the touch digitizer may be faulty and need replacement. In such a case, it should not cost you much to do. Once the technician determines the exact cause of the problem, you will be advised of the cost to repair.
You may check your telephone directory for a list of repair shops within your local community.