Are there any common features between Nexus 9 and Nexus 10 tablets? What are some of the classic and distinct features of Nexus 9 as compared to Samsung Galaxy Tab S? I would like to know your opinion on something I read not too long ago on the internet concerning Nexus mobile gadgets and I would like to know if the introduction of Nexus 9 as compared to that of Nexus 10 is appreciable on the smartphone world market?
1. Operating system in Nexus 9 and 10 is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v5.1 (Lollipop).
2. Internal memory available in Nexus 9 and 10 is 16/32 GB.
3. RAM available in Nexus 9 and 10.
4. Memory card slot is not available in both Nexus 9 and 10.
5. Camera features available in both nexus 9 and 10 are autofocus, LED flash.
6. WLAN in Nexus 9 and 10 is Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
7. GPS is available in both Nexus 9 and 10.
8. NFC is available in both Nexus 9 and 10 with dual side.
9. Micro USB v2.0 is available in both Nexus 9 and 10.
Comparison of Nexus 9 vs Samsung Galaxy S 10.5
1. Operating system in Nexus 9 is Android (5.0) and in Samsung Galaxy S is Android 5.0.
2. Screen Resolution in Nexus 9 is 1536 x 2048 pixels and in Samsung Galaxy S6 is 2560 x 1600 pixels.
3. Screen Pixel density in Nexus 9 is 288 ppi and in Samsung Galaxy S is 288 ppi.
4. Display technology used in Nexus 9 is IPS LCD and in Samsung Galaxy S is Super AMOLED.
5. Display features available in Nexus 9 are Light sensor, Scratch-resistant glass )Corning Gorilla Glass 3) and in Samsung Galaxy S is Light sensor.
6. Camera is available in Nexus 9 and Samsung Galaxy S with 8 Megapixels.
7. Camera features available in Nexus 9 are Back-illuminated sensor (BSI), Autofocus and Samsung Galaxy S6 are CMOS image sensor, Autofocus, Digital image stabilization, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, Self-timer.
8. Camera is available in Nexus 9 and Samsung Galaxy S6 with 8 megapixels.
9. Front camera available in Nexus 9 is 1.6 megapixels and in Samsung Galaxy S is 2.1 megapixels.
The HTC Nexus 9 is a 4G tablet operating on 2G, 3G, and 4G network bands using GSM, HSPA, and LTE technologies. It was unveiled on October 2014 and released on November 2014 measuring 228.2 x 153.7 x 8 millimeters and weighing 425 grams. It uses nano-SIM card and has IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with 16M colors at 1536 x 2048 pixels screen resolution.
It supports multi-touch protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop upgradable to Android 7.1.1 Nougat powered by NVIDIA Tegra K1 chipset, 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Denver processor, and Kepler DX1 GPU. microSD is not supported. It runs on 2 GB RAM with internal storage available in the following capacities: 16 GB for the Wi-Fi model and 32 GB for the LTE model.
The primary camera supports 8 megapixels with LED flash and autofocus featuring geo-tagging, face detection, and touch focus. It supports 1080p video recording at 30 fps with stereo sound rec. The secondary camera supports 1.6 megapixels and can record video in 720p.
It has 3.5-millimeter jack featuring Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic; Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, and hotspot support; Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP and aptX support; GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS support; NFC; and microUSB 2.0. It doesn’t have FM radio. It has built-in accelerometer, gyro, and compass sensors. The pre-installed web browser supports HTML5. Java is not supported.
It runs on non-removable Li-Po 6700 mAh battery with standby time up to 720 hours on 3G and talk time up to 9 hours 30 minutes via multimedia on 3G. It is available in indigo black, lunar white, and sand colors.