N/APosted on - 11/08/2013
During the sequencing process of Microsoft Office 2010 on Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Service Pack 2 (SP2) using the Microsoft App-V 4.6 sequencer I got the following error message. I would be grateful to you. Thanks in advance.
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log for more detail.
The application has failed to start Microsoft Office 2010
The issue appears due to conflict with files in 2008 version of the C run-time libraries. Generally these get installed with several different Microsoft third party products.
Follow these steps to resolve this error:
1. From start button type "regedit.exe" enter into Registry Editor.
2. Expand the tree structure in the left side to find: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINECOMPONENTSWinnersx86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_".
3. Select 9.0 key.
4. In the right pane, note the number in the data column for default row. In case you want to go back with this number.
5. Look into the list and find the highest number.
6. Double click default string value for dialog box.
7. Replace the number with highest number you have noted above.
8. Exit the registry Editor.
9. It should work. If you still get the error then restart the system, and follow the next step.
10. Find "msaccess.exe". In 32-bit version: "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14 folder". On 64-bit version:"C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14 folder.
11. Rename msaccess.exe to msaccess.old.
12. Start the installer to launch msaccess.exe, i.e open MS 2010 from start menu.