N/APosted on - 08/25/2013
The Gateway in Mac Operating System is preventing me to open application from an unknown developer. How can I configure this to access all applications? Please suggest me the best solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Choosing “Anywhere” makes your Mac less secure.
Instead you can allow an individual application from an Unknown developer by control-clicking its icon and selecting open.
An application cannot be accessed on Mac Operating System
The error is because there is a privacy setting preference which is blocking the application to open.
To resolve it:
1) Open ‘System Preferences’ by clicking on the apple logo
2) In the ‘System Preferences’, in the ‘Personal’ section, click ‘Security and Privacy’
3) In the ‘Security and Privacy’ window , Select ‘Require Password’ immediately.Click on the lock icon to make changes
4) Type ‘username’ and ‘password’ of a user with administrative rights
5) After the authentication, select ‘Allow from Anywhere’
6) Now you can run the application that are downloaded from an unidentified user and from internet.