N/APosted on - 12/28/2014
I have an HP Pavilion m6 with Microsoft Windows 7 running on in it. Every now and then a message pops up that the Anti Malware Service has stopped working and the Windows starts looking for a solution to the problem. I have Microsoft Security Essentials with no other Anti-Virus. Is this a problem with Security Essentials? How can I fix the issue?
The Anti Malware Service executable has stopped working.
Anti Malware Service has stopped working. For this, You may have to do following.
1. Click on Start.
2. Go to Run
3. Type services.msc
4. Check for “Microsoft Antimalware Service”.
5. Double click on the same.
6. In the properties , Click on ‘stop’ button.
7. Click on dropdown which is next to Startup Type.
8. Select ‘Disable’.
9. Click on ‘Apply’ and then click ‘OK’.
10. Restart Your PC.