N/APosted on - 12/28/2014
I am trying to open a PDF document on the web but it is not opening and it keeps on giving the error that the adobe reader which is running cannot open the the required PDF document and I need to have Adobe Acrobat / Reader version 8 or 9. I already have the latest version. Should I delete and install the previous version? Or is Adobe Reader not integrated into my browser? Please help.
Adobe reader not opening the documents on web.
It can be hard to troubleshoot PDF display problems. The suggestions below are the most common solutions.
1. Install latest update of Reader.
2. Try using different web browser.
3. Switch to Compatibility mode. (Some of the sites display better in compatibility mode.)
4. Try to clear Cache of the browser.
5. Reset the browser preference to display PDF.
To reset the preference to display PDF, try following steps:
1. Open the reader, Right click on document window.
2. Select page display preferences.
3. On the left, there are some options listed. Select Internet option from that list.
4. Deselect ‘display PDF in browser”
5. Click OK.
6. Choose Edit.
7. Go to Preferences.
8. Select Internet.
9. Select Display PDF in browser. Click OK.
Try to open the PDF again from the website