N/APosted on - 11/13/2013
I just installed Adobe reader 9 and I can’t open all PDF files in my computer. These files were converted from Word to PDF with the Word-PDF converter. When I open the files I get the option for browsing programs and when I choose Adobe it says can’t open file. Could the files be corrupt or not compatible? I need as many solutions as possible to try and solve this quick.
Adobe reader 9 can’t open PDF files
There are several reasons like problems in OS settings, damaged PDF files, operating system cannot recognize the PDF files.
There are multiple solutions to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Repair Reader through Control Panel
1) Close the Reader
2) Go to 'Start', Click 'Control Panel'
3) Go to 'Program and Features'
4) In the list of programs, select 'Adobe reader'
5) Click 'Change' and follow the instructions to repair the application
6) Click 'Finish' when the process is completed
Solution 2: Repair Adobe Reader from within
1) Open Adobe Reader
2) Choose 'Help' > 'Repair Adobe Reader Installation'
3) Follow the wizard steps and complete the process
Solution 3: Operating system recognizes the PDF file
1) Right Click PDF, Choose 'Open With', Click 'Choose Program'
2) Select Adobe Reader in the programs list
3) Select 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'
4) Click 'OK'