N/APosted on - 01/17/2012
We have a network of 5 users and I want employ fax facility and share it among all the users. Do I only have to mount and install only the Fax card on the server and share it or do I install any particular software on the computer to help using it?
Adding Fax Facility to the Network
You just need to install and mount the fax driver to install and share the fax service. No need for additional software.
To create and share fax printer, you just need to follow the steps below:
· Start > All Programs > Windows Fax and Scan;
· Tools > Fax Accounts;
· Add > Connect to a fax modem;
· Install the modem by choosing a name for the device > Next;
· Choose the option you prefer on Choose how to receive faxes;
It should now be on your Fax accounts list. To share the device, please do the process below:
· Start > Control Panel;
· Hardware > View devices and printers;
· Right click fax > Properties > Sharing > Share this printer.