N/APosted on - 07/22/2016
Hi. I have started using active directory management gateway service recently. Since a day or two, it has been showing some errors while getting started. I have looked up many sites for help, but nothing works. Could you tell me what is going wrong and how to fix the errors?
Active Directory Management Gateway Service- For Windows Server 2003 and 2008
Hi. The active directory management gateway service requires some basic requirements on your PC for working properly which include-
• Active Directory domain services
• .NET Framework 3.5 with service pack 1
• Hotfix for Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
This service is supported on the following operating systems:
-Windows Server 2003 R2 with Service Pack 2
-Windows Server 2003 SP2
-Windows Server 2008
-Windows Server 2008 SP2
If even after installing all of the above, the problem persists, then you can probably try uninstalling it and then install it back again. The steps to uninstall the service are as follows-
• For Windows Server 2003 based servers
1) Start>Control Panel>Double click on add/remove programs
2) Select Active Directory Management Gateway Service(KB968934)
3) Select Remove and to uninstall the service, follow the steps in the Software Update Removal Wizard.
4) After the uninstall gets finished, restart your PC.
• For Windows Server 2008 based servers
1) Start>Control Panel>Programs and features(double-click)
2) After this, view the updates installed, by clicking on “view the installed updates”
3) Click on active directory management gateway service(KB968934)
4) Select uninstall
5) Restart your PC after the uninstall gets finished.