N/APosted on - 09/16/2012
I have a Acer Aspire 5731 laptop with Windows XP Professional. When ever I boot the laptop it hangs on log in screen. The same happens in safe mode also. I tried the back up and Acer backup manager unknown error pops up.
Can anybody help?
Acer backup manager unknown error pops up during backup of Windows XP
To backup your system files you need to have the sufficient amount of space required on your computer. If you do not have enough space on your laptop to backup all your files then backup your files to an external disc. To perform a backup follow the steps below:
1. Check the space required to backup the entire data on your computer. You may need to backup your data on 3-4 DVD's. It depends on the amount of data and the installed programs on your computer.
2. Then determine where you want to backup your data. If it an external usb flash drive then make sure there is enough space on the flash drive to backup your data.
3. Go to Control Panel and go to the Backup settings.
4. Select the backup files option. A new window will open where you have to select the location to backup your data.
5. After selecting the location click backup and wait till the backup process completes.