1. Greater bandwidth demand: the Internet of things device has led to a massive explosion of the data from the internet, the market is getting flooded with online video streaming device, and also the increased number of servers and storage solution has led to the need for greater bandwidth in the data center. The IT team is working on a solution that is cost effective and which helps them to supports faster data speeds.
2. Higher adoption of 25Gbe: to support the huge data, companies today are dealing the complex decision of adopting 25Gbe, 40Gbe or 100 Gbe. The 100 Gbe or 40 Gbe provides an increase in bandwidth, but are costly and require more power. The 25Gbe is optimal Ethernet for a data center that will tradeoff between cost and performance which will accompany the transition to a higher speed.
3. Ability to bundle and unbundle channels: To get higher speeds, the data centers are bundling and unbundling into various channels. The data center will upgrade to higher speed links by aggregating various single lane 10 Gbe network physical layers. 100 Gbps link can be created by bundling 4 25 bps link together and alternatively 100 Gbe can be unbundled into four 25 GB channels. This will provide IT team flexibility to move data across these unique networks.
4. Greater demand for high-density switches: with advancement in semiconductor process the switches are getting smaller such as 16mn and 28mn. Previously a 48 port switch requires two switch chips, but the advanced ports configuration need only a single chip to achieve the result.
5. Power-efficient data solution: Energy cost is the higher cost that is incurred by the data centers. With greater demand for the bandwidth, power-efficient data center solution has become necessary. Ethernet solution is designed with greater power efficiency allows the data center to provide the transition to higher speed in cost effective manner.
6. More companies outsourcing IT to the cloud: company is now looking towards cloud to address the increasing bandwidth demand. By outsourcing IT to the cloud organization, the company can secure more space in the network meanwhile maintaining the speed of the bandwidth.
7. More focus on BigData Analytics: companies are using analytics to monitor the performance of their network in real time and make adjustments as required. The increase in data increases the traffic, requiring the analytics that monitors effectively and reallocates the bandwidth of the network in the real time. Leverage analytics is an important tool for the data centers to maximize their investment.
8. The transition from servers to network storage: the huge amount of data is transferred across the network, more data centers are storing data n network rather than on servers. With this trend, the Ethernet technologies are used to attach the storage on the network in place of the storage interconnects.
9. Microsoft Scorpio Next-Gen Console: Microsoft has given a glimpse of its project Scorpio Next-Gen console to the games that promise to give backward compatibility with the Xbox One.