Time flies as we all know and things change with time. If we imagine there was a time when there were no phones, the internet or any other medium through which people can connect with each other or entertain themselves. But with the change in time different technologies came up and now we have smartphones, laptops, televisions, internet facilities, Wi-Fi, etc.And the best thing that these changes in technology gave us is an internet.
There was a drastic change that took place in our lives with the introduction of the internet. Internet in India was launched by Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) on 15th August 1995.
The Internet later became an essential part of the people as it not only became a medium of entertainment but also made the work of the people easy and provide them knowledge on any topic easily. Later, people became more addicted to internet when “SOCIAL NETWORKS” came up. First we need to know is “What are Social networks?”
The Social network is an internet based social media through which we can connect to people all over the world(sounds interesting). It created a platform where we were able to connect to our friends, family, colleagues, etc.
Social networking such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. created a platform to the people to not connect with the people but also share photos, their ideas, look after the activities of other people.
Today, these social networking sites are used by 90% of the people and every person is connected to it somehow. Business people are also using it as a medium to spread their business by creating pages, advertising on these sites so that a large number of audiencesshould be connected to them.
Social groups and communities are there where they share information, awareness on different topics, etc.
Social sites created a good platform for the people where they can connect with the outside world.
But with the change in time today, social networking is not only a medium to share photos and plan family gatherings; one can create history. Social networking sites are used as a medium by our politicians where they do campaigning and try to gather the attention of the people. They use it as a medium where they inform people about their plans and ideas so that people should be aware of them and choose them.
Now as we know social networking is very beneficial but every story has two sides, so it does have many disadvantages such as:
- Is an addiction: Now day’s people are always busy in using internet and are not able to differentiate between real and the networking sites. Especially our youth rather than studying and going for outdoor activities they are on these sites which not affect their minds but also affect their health.
- Cause laziness: People are lazier they want everything in an easy and fast manner. They don’t want to work at all and always.
- Lack of patience: People became more aggressive and lacked patience. Usually youth is more effected and are more aggressive.
- There is an increase in the cyber-crime. To take revenge and due to many other factors, these crimes take place.
- There are no face-to-face interactions. All are always onto phones or on laptops.
Social networking is a very useful if one uses it smartly and efficiently. It made our life easier, but one should not be addicted to it. It is a platform to connect to the people not to forget people who are near to us.