To make software, websites, applications, etc. we need to code a lot. There are many languages; among them, object-oriented programming languages have gained their attention. There are many object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc. Among all these, Python is recognized as the easiest and more flexible programming language. It is a high-level, interactive, interpreted, object-oriented programming language.
During 1985- 1990, Guido van Rossum has created it. In GNU GPL General Public License, the source code of the Python is available like does the Perl. Let us today understand more about Python here.
It is a scripting language whose main asset is that it is highly readable. Some other languages as Java, it doesn’t use strict punctuation. It is build based on simple English words with fewer syntactical constructions.
- Python is Interpreted: At runtime, the interpreter processes the Python. Like other languages as Java, a program is not needed to compile before execution. Its functionalities are similar to PHP and PERL.
- Python is Interactive: You don’t need to write the programs in notepad and then execute it. You can directly interact with the interpreter and write programs on the command prompt.
- Python is Object-Oriented: It supports the OOPs concept style so that here the code is encapsulated within the objects.
- Python is a Beginner's Language: It is not complex. It is the best option for beginners to learn a programming language in less time. It can make an application with simple text processing to high-level games.
Some of the features of the Python include
- Easy-to-learn: It is very easy to remember the syntax and the code as it has a simple structure with limited keywords and a syntax that is clearly defined. This takes the least time to learn for a beginner than any other language.
- Easy-to-read: By just seeing the syntax, even a non-programmer can understand the purpose of the code. It is visible to the eyes and is clearly defined.
- Easy-to-maintain: You don’t need to manage many no of files to work with it. It is simple to maintain its source code.
- A broad standard library: As every language even it has a library with a bulk of functions in it, which provides functionalities of the elements. It is compatible and independent as it can work on Windows, UNIX, and Mac. It is very portable to maintain.
- Interactive Mode: As we have seen, it is in an interactive mode that helps the snippets of the code to debug and test in an interactive manner.
- Portable: Even though it is capable of running on a wide range of platforms of hardware, it doesn’t show any compatible issues and displays using the same interface on all the platforms.
- Databases: As it is also used to develop web applications, a database is of course needed. A flexible interface is provided by it on to all mostly used commercial databases.
- Scalable: It has a better and standard structure of the code. Than shell scripting, it provides support for larger programs.