Humans are connected with computer systems in many ways. But is it possible to connect them emotionally? The answer is yes! EmoSPARK does this for you.
EmoSPARK:A small cube shaped virtual friend that responds to human emotions according to their state of mind and makes the user happy.
This artificially intelligent console is an emotionally intelligent machine that uses Face recognition and Language analysis to understand human’s emotions and respond according to them.
INVENTION:Creating an emotionally intelligent machine is an idea since ages. The invention of robots is somewhat close to this.These robots resemble humans with two legs, two arms and a body. EmoSPARK is an outcome of such inventions with different approach (in appearance). It is a cube shaped console that fits in a palm.Invented by Patrick Levy-Rosenthal in 2007 at London, United Kingdom.
- CONSOLE is another term for screen or a display unit used to monitor. The EmoSPARK is a console that displays or monitors according to the emotional state of the user. 90mm * 90mm * 90mm are its dimensions.
- It consists of a 20MHzmicrochip called EPU (Emotional Processing Unit). It allows the system to experience one of the eight emotions (surprise, anger, disgust, fear, trust, joy, anticipation, sadness). The levels of the emotions are generated and the chip responds back accordingly.
- Sensing these emotions as input and responding back according to the level is taken care by the EPG (Emotional profile graph). This is similar to the emotions curve of humans. The EPG is color coded that lets the user know the cube’s emotional condition.
- It consists of 1.8GHz CPU.
- It has built-in Wi-Fi capability and an antenna. It is because the device is a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled one.
Working and Features:The EmoSPARK is a device which progresses its functionality over time.It works on any Android device say Smart Phone, Personal Computer, Tablet, etc. It measures the behavior of each user independently in different environments and different situations. It begins the evaluation with the music. It is a fact that babies who aren’t born yet can hear the sound and respond to it. On this basis, the console also initiates its work with music. It then records the emotional response of the user.
It is capable of connecting to Facebook, YouTube and many other web media that can access about 29 million topics. Apart from these, it also has 10 million built in sentences. It also has an alliance with Wikipedia to answer any questions raised by the users.
It has an ability to store the content example: most viewed videos, websites or any similar data. It uses this retained data to review it again to the user to make him or her happy.If the user feels happy, then the device shows similar contents.
It is also possible to connect multiple EmoSPARK devices developed by the Emo Shape. This communication is possible with video conferencing calls and various other technologies like the text to speech and voice recognition facilities. With progress in time, the device communicates with various other cubes of its kind. It starts to experience different emotions just like humans and thereby has a personalitydeveloped for itself.
Technology that helps to make humans happy was just a dream till the last century, and now it is a reality. EmoSpark is the AI technology that triggers the happiness. HAPPY ENDING!!