I know we all love to shop. And now a day, online shopping is more satisfactory. As we get so many varieties from online shopping, peoples are moving towards the online shopping rather than going to the mall or shop. Sometimes, you can see much more price difference in the same variety of product. There are many websites from where you can buy the necessary things from sitting in your home. Sometimes, you can get confuse which product to buy, as there are many such varieties (e.g. colors, size, pattern, etc.). Online shopping is easy and helpful, but it can suddenly change your perception, if not done correctly. There are advantages and disadvantages of shopping from online. You have to be very careful while shopping from online websites. Below are the Do’s and Don’ts which help you when shopping online.
Do’s when you are buying from the online:
1) Know Where You Are: If a person is using a search engine to find out what you need, he must need to be very much careful about the legitimate sites. Hackers try to hack legitimate sites, and they use the similar name as that of the registered sellers to fool you and get all the information about you. Always check that you are on the legitimate website before buying anything from the site. If you don’t know which site is legitimate, just go to their “about us” section and see if they have some certification from the government.
2) Do Shop on your Personal Computers: You don’t have to put your personal information on the public computer since from that computer anyone can hack and take all your personal data. Never buy anything from the public computer which doesn’t have any security options. These public networks are very fragile. Any hacker very easily can get access to the information stored on the PC.
3) Do Verify that the Site is Secure: Before buying anything, you must see the “https” in the address bar. Also, a website should have the tiny padlock icon. The government certification is mandatory, without the certification site is not legitimate.
4) Do Provide Information which is Necessary: You should know that which information is legit to give in online shopping website. Name, Address, Phone number these all are the necessary and proper information you should provide while ordering through online. But providing the very personal information is not considered legit i.e. Pan Card number, driving license number.
5) Do Install Proper Internet Security Suite: You should have to have internet security suite on your computer to protect your wireless information from hackers. It protects your important data, as well as it also protects you from viruses, Trojans, etc.
Don’t when you are shopping from the website:
1) Don’t Pay with Credit Card or Debit Card: If you have to be secure and safe don’t pay with Credit Card or Debit Card unless and until you have Internet Security Suite. Always pay with the cash on delivery (COD) option. Cash on delivery is the best payment option you can get the advantage of when buying online.
2) Don’t Buy Immediately: Compare the product in more than 2 or 3 different websites. Don’t just fall for the offer which is imaginary for that product. Look for the genuine product review. Think twice before buying anything.
3) Don’t Believe Everything you Read: Don’t fall for all the offers that you don’t believe. It’s always best to check for the authenticity of the product or sale before buying anything. Don’t believe that you read somewhere on the internet since it is not always true.
4) Don’t leave you credit card or debit card details: Most of us make this silly but grave mistake by leaving own credit card details on the seller website. You can lose all your money in your account if a hacker hacks the account.
5) Don’t use your personal or business email during the transaction: It is better if you don’t use your personal email. You will avoid overloading your email inbox from retailer’s email, but you can still be able to check any other offers or promotional codes they offer.