Internet utilities are the programs which help the user to detect and overcome the problems if one have with their computer. Some different kinds of internet utilities which have made the usage of internet secure and easier are discussed below.
- SUMo: It stands for the Software Update Monitor which helps in keeping the computer up to date by updating to latest versions of the favorite software. SUMo informs one whether the updates are available or not before someone is going to use the software. It is known for its automatic detection of the installed software and it also detects the required updates or the patches for software. Moreover, it can filter or authorize the Beta versions and it contains the “ignore” list that tracks only the software that someone wants to track and ignores the rest. User's reviews shows that it is much more compatible and least false positive as compared to the other Update Monitors. It is highly known due to its international support.
- K-ML: It is a mailing list or a newsletter manager which makes online marketing easier than any other tools available. With its feature, one can easily manage huge lists of contacts or customers and send all of them the customized Emails according to their profiles. The most attractive feature is that it has the unlimited numbers of subscribers and mailing lists, the customizable messages, HTML and the attachments, SMTP authentication, and easy Web Site integration. It generates a Web page which automatically fetches subscription or non-subscription. It supports multiple accounts along with the history records. It can also change priority of emails along with its acknowledgement of receipt.
- ApHeMo: It refers to the Apache Health Monitoring which is a kind of Health Monitoring analyzer used for the Apache Http server. It enables administrators to improve the reliability, security, and easily detects attacks from hackers making it an essential tool would help the dedicated server administrators for tracking purposes. It will help automate log downloading from local server or the remote FTP as well as log analysis. Its other functions include validating errors and performing auto filters in order to remove fake alerts. It is very efficient in detecting the IP address of the attackers which helps in correlation or back tracing.
- Privacy Protector: For people who do not want others to get any idea about what they visit or do over the internet, privacy protector seems to be a beneficial internet utility. Unlike other privacy protection tools, that only delete files which can easily be recovered afterwards, this utility removes those files completely from the hard disks without leaving any possibility of their recovery by any possible software or hardware processes.
- Spyware Remover: In the modern times, most of the computers get affected by Adware, Spyware, Trojan, and data miners. These programs reside within the system behind the scenes, monitoring activities and sending out the private information. Spyware Remover is one program that has been designed for removal of those snooping software from the system. It keeps the system clean and secured, thus keeping the information entirely private.